MIT is committed to protecting the personal information of visitors to the MIT campus. This Privacy Statement explains how MIT uses the personal information collected through the Tim Ticket visitor registration system.
What personal information we collect
To register for a Tim Ticket, you will be asked to provide the following personal information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- COVID vaccination status
- Symptoms and wellness information for the day of your visit
- Location information – your current location, if you choose to enable this function on your mobile device, may be used to provide mobile access only, but is not stored.
How we collect personal information about you
We collect this information either directly from you or from your MIT host who has registered you for a Tim Ticket.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for a number of legitimate purposes all in support of the Institute and its mission. Specifically, we use your personal information to:
- Confirm presence of all visitors on the MIT Campus
- Emergency management purposes
- Contact-tracing purposes in the event of a health-related emergency
If you have concerns about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal information (subject to our legal obligations).
How your information is stored and secured
MIT uses risk-assessed administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
Your personal information will be kept for a period not to exceed one (1) year from the date of submission.