MIT's Covid Pass application guides community members through requirements for campus access. Covid Pass is available as a web application – covidpass.mit.edu – and within the MIT Atlas mobile app for iOS 13+ or Android 7+. MIT community members who do not require campus access may fulfill their COVID-19 vaccination requirements directly at covidvaccine.mit.edu or by using the MIT Atlas mobile app.
Getting Started with Covid Pass
Prepare for accessing campus by completing these steps from home:
- Log in to Covid Pass at covidpass.mit.edu to get started.
- Note: Affiliate access to Covid Pass is managed by each area's access approver. If you are not an employee or student, you will receive an email with instructions once your access approver has granted you access to Covid Pass.
- Provide proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption from MIT.
- Install the MIT Atlas App on your iOS 13+ or Android 7+ device.
- Check your status. Open the MIT Atlas mobile app, tap "Pass" to access Covid Pass, and view your access status. Make sure you've completed requirements before heading to campus.
Accessing Campus with Covid Pass
- Access campus through building access points on this map.
- Doors marked as "community" access points (black dots) are available to all Covid Pass users. Note that some buildings have time-restricted access. Doors marked as "occupant" access points (blue dots) are available to those with clearance from the building's gatekeeper/management.
- Tap your MIT ID in the Atlas mobile app or your physical MIT ID card at the reader at your building's access point to enter.
- Use Covid Pass to report if you have tested positive for COVID-19, have symptoms, or have been a close contact with someone who has COVID-19, and follow this guidance.
- Use Covid Pass to access MIT's COVID-19 testing program. Covid Pass will tell you if you are eligible or required to be tested for COVID-19 by MIT Medical.
Email email@example.com for help with MIT Atlas mobile and the Covid Pass system.
Page updated 6/16/22