To safeguard the health and well-being of our entire community, MIT requires anyone who routinely accesses campus buildings to be tested for COVID-19, complete safety training, and comply with MIT, state, and local policies and guidelines. MIT created the Covid Pass application to help community members comply with these requirements.
- Get Covid Pass. Visit covidpass.mit.edu or download the MIT Atlas mobile app for iOS 13+ or Android 7+.
- Get tested for COVID-19 at MIT Medical.
- Use Covid Pass to complete your requirements. Learn more.
Note from DAPER for students living off-campus: Students who are living off campus who do not have access to campus buildings for academics or research, or who only have access to MIT Medical testing facilities, may request access to DAPER facilities by submitting this form. Once eligibility is confirmed, the student should follow the directions received via email from the Covid Pass application.
Use Covid Pass each day you need to be on campus
- Check Covid Pass for incomplete requirements. Conditions may change; Covid Pass will indicate if there are any requirements you need to complete.
- Submit your health attestation at least 30 minutes before you plan to enter a campus building or 30 minutes before your current Covid Pass expires. NOTE: Residents in on-campus housing must submit a health attestation every morning.
What you need to know now
- Understand COVID-19 testing requirements and procedures.
- Use Covid Pass and the MIT Atlas mobile application to maintain your campus access.
For access approvers: Covid Access
Designated individuals in each school, department, lab, and center (DLC) use the Covid Access application to grant and manage access to campus buildings. Learn more about Covid Access.
If you are experiencing technical issues with Covid Pass or the Covid Access system, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page updated 5/2/2021